ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS UNDER SPECIAL RECRUITMENT DRIVE FOR OBC-NCL AND ST CANDIDATES
(ADVERTISEMENT NO. IISERTVM/DoFA/SP-REC-1/2021)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications for selection at the Assistant Professor (Grade 1) level on ‘tenure-track’ from Indian nationals belonging to OBC–NCL and ST categories with outstanding academic credentials, ability to establish a vibrant research programme and passion for teaching. Appointments will be made in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Applications should be submitted online as per the instructions given in the website. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered. The portal for submission of applications will open on October 25, 2021. The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 pm IST on January 10, 2022.
|Designation and Pay
||Eligibility and Experience
Grade I Level 12 Cell 1, minimum pay INR 1,01,500 + HRA + travel allowance + pension benefits under New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India. (Gross salary will be approximately Rs.1,34,528/- per month excluding HRA)
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/Research/Teaching experience excluding the duration of Ph.D. Age preferably below 35 years.
Number of vacancies
ST - 04
OBC-NCL - 08
Following are the preferred areas of expertise:
- Computational biology
- Structural biology
- Metabolism in health and disease
- Human genetics
- Main Stream Inorganic Chemistry (Magnetism, Organometallics, Main Group Chemistry, Transition Metal Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry)
- Chemical Biology
- Synthetic Polymer Chemistry
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Big Data in Chemistry
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Statistics and Probability Theory
- Materials Modelling
- Fluid Mechanics
- Atmospheric Physics
- Quantum Technologies
- The appointment as a Faculty Member will be governed by NIT (Amendment) Act - 2012 (National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and its amendments from time to time and as per the provisions of the IISER Statutes.
- As per Tenure-Track System, the appointment at the level of Assistant Professor at IISER TVM is on contract for five years. At the end of this period, the faculty candidate will be assessed for the position of Associate Professor by a selection committee. The successful candidate will be offered tenure, i.e., permanent position. If the assessment by the selection committee does not result in the appointment as an Associate Professor, the contract term will be extended for two more years in the same grade. In rare instances, when the selection committee finds the candidate unworthy, the contract will cease.
- Valid OBC-NCL/ST certificates should be uploaded.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public sector undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- The institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfilment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding. Legal disputes, if any, shall be settled in the Court of Law only within the jurisdiction of Thiruvananthapuram.
Apply Online | For all queries email : email@example.com